Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fresher's Week

The uni started with an induction week on monday. Nothing much happened there, since most of the information they gave where for 1st years, and do not really differ from the rules and regulations in Germany.
But I've figured out my timetable, my English lecutures, and I've bought my bus pass.
Right now, I am just waiting for the last lecture of today, which is just to confirm my attandance. After that, I'll enjoy the wonderful British weather on my ride home, and try to figure out what to do tonight. You literally cannot see more than fifty meters due to heavy rain. All my housemates have arrived by now, and it is getting really full and lively. I like it. We've had a little poker tournament started a few days ago, fortunately I won.
Tomorrow I'll be meeting my personal tutor and also the other exchange students in the department of mathematical sciences. And afterwards I'm going to go to an open lacrosse training. I am not really sure if that's a thing for me, but it sounded quite good, and I am really in the mood for doing some sports. Also I will buy tickets to the UK Championship Snooker, if anyone is interested in going there as well, just let me know, I would be happy to organize it from here.
I am really happy that uni is about to start next week, and that I got my timetable sorted. My lecture times on the other hand are not so great. Mondays and Wednesdays I have to stay in uni past 7 and on another day as well, if I do some sports. Also I have early lectures four times a week, and my biggest gap is four hours, which is an aweful lot of time, if it takes you fourty to fifty minutes to get home. Still, I suppose that I can use that time at uni to do revision or course works.
Also I have already booked my flight back home, since I fear the prices will go over the roof this short before christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment