Sunday, November 14, 2010

Media Overload

After two weeks of silence, I strike back, more dramatic, more realistic, more brutal, more live, more....

Well, to be honest, not quite. The reason why I didn't write last week, was just the lack of time. I was away a lot, I had a great week, I have fallen far behind in my studies, and I have to do a lot for them today and tomorrow. But that's not for you to worry about. Instead, why don't you enjoy the beautiful Bonfire Night Firework of Bath - which actually was on the 6th of November instead of the 5th of November. I have not quite figured out why it was.
The 5th of November is Guy Fawkes Night, you might as well read up what it is about on wikipedia, since I am sure I can't give you any good information on it, or you can just enjoy the fireworks, I have professionally filmed for all of you to enjoy.
I had a really great night in the uni that evening, and afterwards we went for a snack to Wetherspoons, just to go out later on that night. It was a good night. Also, a friend of Dan's came by our house to day over for a week, and therefore, this week again about going out a lot, which I did not mind really. My first English assessment has already been marked, and I am quite proud of my result which was far above average and therefore better then I expected it to be. My second assessment was writing an essay, and I think I might have done that rather poorly. Speaking of essays, I have to write another one today for my CEP (Cambridge English Proficiency).
But I promised you a media overload, and so far you've only gotten one small movie, let's change that by skipping right to yesterday.
I went on a really expensive full day tourist tour in the general area around Bath. For all of you having access to facebook, you can find a lot more photo's there, then you can here, but I try my best to but the best one's up here, because it is really worth looking at some of the most beautiful sights in Britain and probably the world.
The first picture I've taken from Stonehenge, and one of my favourites

Me sitting in the Devil's Chair
This is in Avebury

I love that picture


A white horse carved in the ground. It is a tradition to do that, and look at it, that is just beautiful. The oldest of those white horses is more then 400 years old

This is actually what Avebury looks like. For me personally, that is more impressive then Stonehenge, although it has a totally different origin.


Not only is that a beautiful picture, but also can you see the thatched roof of that building. They use straw for their roofs in a brilliant way, and it just looks so great.

Lovely building in avebury right next to the world heritage site


Another traditional kind of roof: stone roofs
This is from Lacock, which for me was the most beautiful city in England so far.

Just an example of why I think that Lacock is so beautiful



A barrel - no meaning!

This is the home of Harry Potter's parents in the 2nd movie


My favourite picture from Castle Comb

Castle Comb as well

It took me 20 minutes, to get that picture without people walking in the streets, but it was worth it
So, yeah, I finished my touristy stuff around Bath for now. The only thing I have to do is go to the Bath Spa Thermes at some point.
Since I already wasted way to much time doing that instead of actual work of uni, I'll leave without explaining very much, and without a proper finish. I'll try to update next weekend to tell you a little more about what is going on here. Also check out the photo's in the Bath folder again, there are some more online on my picasa. (top right corner)

Looking forward to Christmas right now,
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment