Monday, November 29, 2010

Carols, Mulled wine and crêpes

Starting my blog with a post about Thursday seems a little weird to me, but it was such a busy week, that I could have posted every day on it's own. So Thursday arrived, and I'll jump ahead right to when the plot begins. Marian, my English teacher, invited our group to see a Christmas concert of the Primary Schools of Bath in the Abbey. It was beautiful, and full of true Christmas spirit. In fact, one group managed to put on a performance, that even for grown ups would be difficult. After the Concert, we went to the Christmas market to drink a mulled wine, and walk around the town, which was lit in so beautiful colours. Again, since my descriptive style is no where near good, let me show you:







by the way, I was there with Farah, (me,) Anahita, Mirka, Jan and (not in the picture) Simon
In fact, the Christmas market in Bath is inspired by the German Christmas markets, which made me proud somehow. I know it is not appropriate to be and so on, but nevertheless I was. The Christmas market is lovely and I am sure I'll go there again before it closes. 
After we had a hot chocolate in Starbucks, I had to hurry up to meet Chloé in order to get to my place and start cooking. Chloé wanted to make crêpes for some people and I offered my place, since we have a big living room and a rather bit kitchen. Obviously I did not know what I was doing, since a shot time later, the living room and the kitchen where packed with people. Maybe I should start writing a book "How to turn a cooking invitation into a house party", I seem to have a talent for that. Do not get me wrong though, it was a brilliant night, I and hopefully everyone else, had a fantastic night, and a lot of fun.

Some of my guests, my room mates and me

Chloé trying to flip a crêpe, Monica and Edgar

Dan and Anton (room mates), Beatriz and Paul


Anton and Danny, using all their concentration
All the empty space left













After a night like this, It is not as easy as you would think to get up in the morning to go to your lectures. So it happened that Anton, Dan, Danny and I did not go to any lectures on Friday. Instead I did the cleaning, and some work for the week. Friday night was my first handball training, and it felt good to run around for two hours even though, sore muscles where inevitable. I will have my second training today, and then sign up for it. I would like to take this moment to break, because the weekend deserves a separate entry and I have to head for uni now.

No comments:

Post a Comment