Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas and Sightseeing

As Christmas approaches at an enormous speed, Bath has turned itself from a shopping paradise into a Christmas wonderland. It's not snowing yet, although I hope it will soon, but the streets in the city centre are flooded with lights, and being as beautiful as it is without the lights, it is just magical now. I have not gotten any decent pictures of this yet, but I will have magnificent pictures by next weekend, since the Christmas market will start on Thursday and I will definitely be there. Not much has happened this week, mainly because the university thought it would be fun to load up my schedule with unnecessarily hard essays, coursework and revision homework, but I have managed to go to a Bath Abbey tour, from which the new pictures (top right and below this paragraph) are. Bath Abbey is just amazingly beautiful, and I plan on doing the tower tour soon, to finally get a wonderful picture over the city centre of Bath.
Next week, my schedule is full of things to do, and people to meet, so that it will get even harder for me to keep up with my studies, but I am looking forward to it anyway, especially the weekend will be awesome, since I will be going to Abergavenny and Cardiff to see some other cities in the area.
Rather then a preview, I should give you a review about my trip, but to do that is quite difficult, since I do not have my mind sorted right now. I apologize for that, and I'll try to make up for that by throwing in some more pictures of Bath Abbey.
After the Bath Abbey tour today, I went home for a quick dinner, and afterwards, three of my room mates and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was a lot of fun, and it made me really tired and really want to not do any work for my courses next week, but I have to, so I'll leave you with some pictures and the assurance that I am doing alright.

For more pictures, as always, click on any picture, or click on the top right slide show.





2 comments:

  1. ... und das mit meiner Handykamera (hatte meine richtige Cam dabei, aber die SD Karte war zu Hause :(
    Bath Abbey ist wohl eine der schönsten Kirchen die ich je gesehen habe

    ReplyDelete