Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just some (useless) stats

Obviously I am a little bit bored right now, so after finishing my practice exercises for this week, I startet reflecting on what I did that week. I had three hours of lecture on Monday, two in Tuesday and two on Wednesday. That makes a total of seven hours in three day's which isn't that much. On Thursday I'll only have two hours of lecture as well, and on Friday I have four hours. That gives us a total of thirteen lecture hours a week, which compared to what I did in Germany seems like a bad joke.
And it somehow is... In Germany we have far more lecture time, and the lectures are helt at a different level.
As you would expect, there is a "but"...
But the lectures being at a slightly lower yet still high level leads to a lot of work for the students. Which leads to a lot of self-teaching, which personally I like so far. Once the lectures really start I can comment more detailled about the level of the lectures, I suppose anyone would find the first week easy.

But I didn't want to get into that anyway. So some stats:
  • 26 subjects (the best of cause Mathmatics)
  • 13,000 students (almost 10,000 undergraduates)
  • 25 per cent of the students are international students
  • in Bath there is another uni named "Bath Spa University" which also has 7,000 students
  • so it's 20,000 students in a city with 100,000 residents.
Those are the stats of Bath, but this are not the stats I was interested in.
And I prodly present:
477,7 crossed the crucial line of 1,000 clicks. I would never think that so many people would read that, or be interested in it, and I am happy that I was wrong.
Thanks to
  • 700 clicks from Germany,
  • 180 clicks from the UK, which weren't from myself
  • 100 clicks from North America
  • and all the other 200 clicks from all over the world
(and I promise the next post will be worth reading again, since I know this one's just a waste of time)
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment