Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bristol at Night and a Tea afterwards

Last week went rather slow for me, I did not really do much for university, but what I did was decent work. On Wednesday, I had great fun at my English classes again, and I suppose for meeting people, those English classes were by far the best choice. I had to write an Essay for my Cambridge class, and I was quite satisfied with the result. Hardly any mistakes, and Marian, my teacher, really liked my humorous humour. Needless to say, for me as a rather terrible student of all languages, I was quite proud of that fact. It was great fun again, but I was really tired afterwards, and yet I had to wait for another hour for me second English lecture of the day. In that time, I enjoyed talking to some students, one of whom will be more important later on, so I will introduce her now.

Bowen is a Chinese woman, doing her Masters in International Management in Bath. I met her in the Seminar Skills and Informal Spoken English lecture a week ago. Before the class on Wednesday, I was sitting in front of the room, listening to some music, when she came along. We had a great talk about life in Britain and basically about all the stuff that was on our mind hat this moment. Obviously I sat next to her during the class as well, and we had much fun. Well, I had, and I hope she enjoyed it as well. Again I have to admit that my subconscious prejudice were totally stupid and unjustified. As much as that bothered me, I am quite happy, that I did not really care about them in the first place, so maybe they were not as bad as I thought of it.

The day ended not quite there, but instead I had another great night watching a movie. Fun note: Danny forgot his keys, so he tried quite hard to wake us up for getting in at 2am. Lucky for him, I actually cared about his health, and opened the door. Thursday arrived too quickly, and I had a good solid day of studying with enough pauses to talk to some other students. And also I booked my tickets to visit Anna Lena in December. I went to bed quite early on Thursday, knowing that Friday would be a long day. On Friday, I was asked to present one of my solutions on my exercise Sheet. Obviously I took it as a good thing, since I honestly enjoy uni here. Friday afternoon, I was texting Riddhi about Bristol, and he told me he was sick, and wasn't able to go. I was really depressed, but quickly tried to make other plans. As it turned out, he called me at around nine and told me he would want to go anyway. So we were off to Bristol, and I had a great time, but drank way to much. I've never spent so much money in just one night here, and I really regret doing so. Nevertheless I had a great time, and woke up feeling quite good in the morning. Where I again talked to Bowen for a short time, and we decided to meet at uni for a tea and a chat. I have learned so much about the background of Chinese culture, language, and obviously also her, that made me really feel connected, and I am seriously considering studying Mandarin next year. But enough on that. I am really looking forward to learn to cook Chinese properly, and also for a totally unrelated reason looking forward to next week.

Today the guys and me had a proper cleaning, and the house looks really good for the first time since I have been here. The reason for that is, that Tracey, our landlady, is coming by tomorrow to look if everything is all right. Dan's brother and a friend of him is coming by later this afternoon, and they will be staying here for a week. We'll see what happens there.

To conclude, I had a great week, I met some great people, I did drink too much and I am still happy here, but still I am already looking forward to seeing my family on Christmas again.

No comments:

Post a Comment