Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's been a long long time...

I hate to do this but the last few weeks left me no choice but to start my new post with an apology. I wasn't able to write for quite some time and I really regret not taking the time. My holidays in Germany where the best two weeks I've ever spend in Germany which is not so much about the quality of the week as it is about how great it is to see friends, parents and siblings again after not seeing them for such a long time. Strange as it may seem, while feeling at home and absolutely happy, I missed Bath and the people around. In fact I thought more about Bath and the upcoming 2nd term then about things to do in Germany. Nevertheless my weeks were packed with events, parties, meeting people and of cause: Christmas. Oh what a wonderful time of the year. My flight got cancelled and I was scared of the idea to not spend Christmas with my family but in England. Luckily I found my way back to France by train and ferry where my parents - perfect as they have always been picked me up and drove me safely home. A true Christmas miracle if I may say so and seeing that this is my blog: I may.


Coming back to England was made much easier by my bigger brother and only slightly younger sister coming with me and staying at my place for a week. We had a great time and I think they really enjoyed seeing the beauty of this rainy place. The day they left, also known as my brother's birthday, I headed to university to study for my exams. One week of preparations may not seem much and you might think it is not enough. Suffice to say you might be right. Nevertheless they went relatively well and the results are to come out on the 28th of Feb. Exam period really dragged me down a little bit and after the second week of exam stress, it reached its peak and I wasn't able to focus anymore. However this just meant I learnt to appreciate the inter semester break all the more and with all the spare time going to waste, I even joined the gym.

A massive load of lectures, sports and events did not leave me with enough time to document or at least briefly inform you of what I did. Today however I have the time so I will skip right to this weekend. It was music weekend for me: Valeria, Lara, Camilla, Pauline, Christopher and I went to see a band perform in the Huntsman. Despite it being not my choice of music at all, I had a great time and due to the concert being in a pub. I will spare you the pictures in which I would not look good anyways. (I have to admit, I don’t have the pictures yet, I’ll update them asap). Friday went by and clubbing had to be cancelled due to us staying in this pub till 1am. Saturday morning and afternoon came and went without really doing anything useful and, as you would expect, I really enjoyed it. Saturday evening Beatriz, Mathilde, Pia, Paul and I went to see a concert of one of the university’s societies. I have to admit that I did not expect too much of it but boy was I wrong. Some of the performances were out of this world and with the satisfying feeling of pure enchantment paired with spending an evening with great friends I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow this night.
Today started with going to the gym to absolutely destroy my body (again) and even though it is hard to believe, it felt great (again). The rest of my day was well wasted with studying in the library catching up on lectures (I know this is even harder to believe) and I can finally say that I am ready to start the second term now.

Hoping to see you all as soon as possible which for some of you may mean today but for others it will be by the end of July.

Cheers!

PS: I'll upload the photo's of Saturday on to the dropbox and here by the end of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment