Tuesday, July 6, 2010

477,7?

Hello readers,
I am a student of the Technische Universität Kaiserslautern. By the end of may I decided to apply for an exchange student program for February 2011. As I searched for more information, I got a hint of one of my professors that one space for an exchange student at the University of Bath was open, and that I could apply for this year September. Without hesitating I gathered the information and applied. The next month should become a test of character for me, since whether I was accepted or denied would change the way the next 11 months will be for me.
Yesterday I received the offer, and of cause, I immediately agreed.


So what has this to do with 477,7?
From my home town Hettenleidelheim in Germany to my new home for the next year it takes exactly 477,7 miles air-line distance (beeline?), and I liked this number very much.
I'll write English since I will be living in England, sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
The plans for today and the next few weeks will be

  • finding a place to live
  • telling my superior I'll be leaving in Sept
  • some insurance issues (I don't even know exactly what to do there)
  • collecting even more information
and of cause I will celebrate this lucky event.

Cheerio mates

5 comments:

  1. soll ich dein 1. regelmäßiger leser werden =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich schließe mich als zweite Leserin an und freue mich, dass die Kommentare auf Deutsch eingeleitet wurden.
    Das ist einfacher für mich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hab ich gut gemacht ne!
    eh werd ma bei mir leser =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ganz wunderbar. Vielen Dank schoneinmal.
    Ja, das mit dem Englischen ist etwas ungünstig, das ist mir auch bewusst, vielleicht schreibe ich Deutsch und Englisch, oder gar irgendwann nur noch Deutsch weil ich Heimweh bekomme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schreib wie du denkst. Wenn irgendwas unklar ist, können wir ja nachfragen.

    ReplyDelete